Sunday, July 20, 2014

OPI Nail Apps

I read many, many, MANY different reviews on other peoples opinion on nail applications and decided to give it a try to see for myself. There were three things in particular that I was looking for: 1) How long does it take to put on? 2) Is it easy to apply? and 3) How long does it last?

So what changed my mind? The different styles you can choose from. I went with a grayish black, snake skin looking design by OPI. These were purchased at my local salon for about $10.00.









Below is the final result. It took me approximately 2 hours to apply (with the help of my hubby). I do have to say though that I think it would have been faster if I had just read the directions instead of feeling like this was a no brainer. Basically, you detach a nail app that is big enough to cover whatever nail you're trying to color, peel back the under side paper and adhere to the nail, and also remove the top plastic layer before using a nail file and in a downwards motion, file off the remainding nail app. So I did not relize there was a plastic film on the top and was attempting to file the nail app with the plastic film on top before.....Alas! my hubby comes along and informs me that there is a clear plastic that needs to be peeled off. Hehehehe.


 
 
 
 
Overall I liked the outcome. I think this is a great alternative to painting nails. I was able to do both my hands and toes. The picture above was taken after two weeks of application and if you look closely, you can see just a little receding at the very tips of my nails. But still, no biggy and I'm sure these could have stayed on longer than. Removal was easy too; I used my regular nail polish Cutex remover with no problems. Great product and worth the money in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment