Thursday, July 12, 2012

Neon Fresh

So I wanted to find a way to incorporate all five of the bright neons together in one design.  My first attempt was a water marble:  FAILED.  These colors are too fast drying and could not stay wet long enough to do a design in the water.  I'm not sure if it's this way with all neons...curious to know.  I even tried using just one neon with one of my regular colors that I marble with and it was also a fail.  Too bad!  I think it wouldv'e looked awesome.  So I thought, what better way than to use it on a leopard print.  I love leopard print!!  


This was my vision...


This was my daughter's...



She insisted to use just two of the neon colors.  Her reasoning, "I'm in a yellowish-oranginish mood!"
<<SIGH>>  Inspite of our conflicting visions, I think it came out pretty nice.  She got a lot of compliments on this one =))


 Leopard prints are fun and very versatile when it comes to color choice. I like trying different colors as I know the same ol colors tend to get played out. But I think by adding colors that I wouldn't ordinarily use, makes me fall in love with leopard over and over--again and again. 

I purchased a bottle of black matte last month.  I had seen it on one of my sights and instantly fell in love.  I quickly searched for one on ebay and bought it.  Sooo, here is my upcoming design that I have chosen for my next manicure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment