Friday, October 26, 2012

Four Elements Challenge: Earth

This will be the last entry for the Four Elements Challenge and I have to say that this has been great. I'm happy to have been involved with this challenge and I thank Taya at http://tatjanag.blogspot.com/ for putting the challenge together. This was my first ever challenge and I hope to continue more in the near future!!
 
Today's design is based around the element Earth. When I think about Earth I think earthy tones like green and brown colors. I also think of trees and plants and life in general which begins in the soil.
 
For my manicure, I decided to go way out of the box and literally incorporate soil/dirt into my manicure.
 
 
 
I started with one coat of Jade is the New Black by OPI and then dipped my finger in a container of dirt. To finish, I used a top coat to seal the dirt into my manicure. This was a very messy task but I think it was well worth it. This was done at night so no outside camera shots were taken...maybe I'll get a chance to tomorrow!
 



 
 
Till then, Aloha and thanks for reading!!
 
The other challengers are below...
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. i had the same idea... but then change my mind :D
    that green is awesome :D
    why didn't you put your pic among the others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this shade of green! and thanks for reminding me about the pic..totally forgot to add it with the others!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mani! I love the colours together :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This green colour is so pretty! I love your mani <3
    X Deja
    Deja Zu

    ReplyDelete